Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hi Dan, Sharon, Ryan, Lindsey and Rusty and whomever else wishes to chime in. I've created this blog for answers. You see, I'm a searcher. I'm searching for truth among other things and you guys are well versed in your respective beliefs and I'm interested in hearing about those beliefs and discussing how they compare with where I'm at.
I don't want to pass judgement on anything. Just discuss ideas.

I'll start.....I just read a really interesting book that tries to justify the existence of God scientifically and does an amazingly effective job. It goes quite in depth on Gods role in organic evolution. I was just wondering what your beliefs are on such things.

2 comments:

  1. Though it's impossible to disprove the existence of a deity, I haven't seen enough evidence to believe in one.

    It's hard to comment specifically on the book without having read it, though ... or at least without knowing more about it. Does the book present evidence for the existence of a particular version of God (Judeo-Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc.), or a supernatural being whose nature we do not understand? What are some of the arguments for God's role in natural selection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the concept, design and interwoven delicacies of our world point to an intelligent designer. You know the whole argument about how typically in nature you don't find order out of chaos but usually the other way around. That's the scientific part.
    Secondly, as one dives deeper into the bible, you realize that the teachings (which are written by many different men over many, many years) all tend to point to one author and not to the writer. Which in itself is quite a feat since our humanity typically points to our own accomplishments.
    And of course, the many secular documentations of a man named Jesus and the strange occurances on the day of his crucifixion. So I guess if you back into the idea of God from that day back, that is some secular proof that day was very unusual and could be atributed to a supreme being's intervention

    ReplyDelete